Software Development Engineer III - New Initiatives at Remitly
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $7 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The New Initiatives team is incubating a confidential new business line within Remitly. You will work on a team of creative builders and operators with many years of experience creating customer value at Remitly. We are challenging ourselves to provide the best global product in a crowded space. You will bring your ideas and craft to an inspired team that is forming and moving quickly to find Product/Market Fit.
You will report directly to the head of this New Initiatives team. You'll help shape and accomplish a backlog of features designed to improve our product in creative ways. You will partner with a Sr. Product Manager and 2 mentorship-focused Principal Engineers to build a v1 product, working in Java, Kotlin, Dynamo DB, and SQS.
What You’ll do:
- Create customer-facing product features and bug fixes, with a focus on customer value.
- Participate in the ideation, technical design, and grooming of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
- Work with other developers, product managers, designers, and analysts to build great product experiences.
- Add to the shared patterns and combined knowledge of our product engineering teams.
Who You Are:
- BS (MS preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer.
- DevOps experience including development, testing, build and deployment, operation, and support of software services in Production.
- Experience with building, shipping, and maintaining web services and systems on AWS.
- Experience defining technical designs and processes across a team.
- Experience with distributed systems or micro-services architecture in production is a plus.
- An understanding of database fundamentals and expertise in working with one or more databases. Preferable experience in SQL, NoSQL, and related technologies.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer