We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Software Development Engineer in Test
Do you enjoy breaking software? Are you passionate about providing a good customer experience? OpenMarket is currently seeking test-focused software development engineers to work with developers and program managers to write test cases based on specifications and user stories. You will analyze requirements and use cases, create and execute test plans, and discover and document defects. Using your Java skills, you will automate functional, non-functional, unit, and integration testing of application software. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining HA in a 99.99% up-time environment.
What to bring
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- A collaborative working style--communicate and work well in our team environment
- Java generalist with deep experience writing test-focused code
- Experience with high-level software design
- Requirements/use case analysis, strong test case development and execution, and defect recording and tracking
- Focus on continuous improvement of all processes
- Familiar with HTTP, JSON (or XML), and REST (or SOAP) and knowledge of networking technologies/tools
- Experience with web server technologies such as Tomcat or Jetty
- Experience with an assortment of test automation frameworks such as RESTAssured and JUnit
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Proven understanding of testing methodologies and SDLC
Nice to have
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with databases such as MySQL or Oracle
- Experience with programming and/or scripting with bash shell scripting, HTML
- Experience with browser automation and UI automation
We’d love to hear from you if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.