Yapta's mission is simple: To give our customers confidence in travel. We are one of the world’s leading companies for fare transparency and cost savings. We mine millions of rates per day, identifying and notifying corporate travelers of price drops in both booked airline tickets and hotel bookings. Our automated services send alerts for rebooking opportunities, or automatically rebook tickets based on predefined thresholds.
We were recently named to Deloitte’s Fast 500, are highly profitable, and have grown 400% in the past 4 years. We have a great culture with amazing people. Our team is fast paced and focused, but we maintain a healthy work/life balance and have fun. We value humility, integrity, flexibility, accountability, drive, and collaboration.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test, excited by the convergence of technology and travel. As part of an agile development team, you will be ensuring the quality of our FareIQ and RoomIQ products – solutions utilized by some of the biggest brands in the world.
How you'll succeed on the team:
As an SDET at Yapta, you have a role to play to evangelize software quality within the organization and recommend quality improvements for Yapta’s price tracking optimization platforms. You will have a responsibility to enable teams to contribute to test automation by creating an elegant, easy to extend automation framework. Additionally, you will be working with other quality engineers, product managers, and product developers to ensure that product specifications are well thought out to meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- You’re passionate about software quality and automation
- You’re customer focused. You care about how changes will impact the customer experience.
- You’re self directed. You can jump into a situation and quickly grasp what needs to be done
- You continually improve by learning from others, and you jump in when a teammate could use your help
- You have an agile mindset, and are comfortable refining vague requirements
- You can sense miscommunications among team members, and do your part to improve understanding
- You thrive in and contribute to a positive work environment, where everyone shares constructive thoughts and suggestions
- 2-3 years of professional software quality engineering experience
- Minimum of 1 year of professional software development testing experience
- Experience with designing, building and maintaining test frameworks
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with Java and Cucumber
- Frameworks like Django or Spring MVC
- SQL databases
- Cloud infrastructure and technology (AWS RDS, DynamoDB, ansible, etc.)
- Travel industry and/or Global Distribution Systems (GDS) technologies is a plus
- Experience working on ReactJS and Node.js based UIs
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Experience with load testing
- Familiar with setting up dashboards and alarms on New Relic
- Working in an agile environment such as Scrum
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5 weeks of PTO and 10 paid holidays (total 7 weeks)
- Optional work-from-home Wednesdays
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchens, with coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, including Mariners games, ping pong tournaments, movies, etc.
This position is based in Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.