Skilljar is seeking a versatile Software Development Engineer to join our fast-growing team. This person will be responsible for the technical design, development, and deployment of amazing products that delight our customers.
We’re looking for someone with a successful track record building software products in an agile development environment. In addition, you will be joining a small and rapidly growing team, where you will have direct input into the product.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- 3+ years building web applications at scale using Rails, Django, or some equivalent framework.
- Laser focused on delivering high quality features, with excellent judgment on balancing time-to-market and scalability.
- Highly confident throughout the stack, whether that’s building responsive front-end interfaces or building service-oriented backends and APIs.
- Knowledgeable on best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Highly self-directed and comfortable in a small, unstructured environment with ambiguous and rapidly changing requirements and designs.
- A collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the Customer Education Platform of choice for mid to large-sized enterprises. Trusted by leading global enterprise organizations like Cisco and Verizon, Skilljar’s SaaS platform empowers Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage, and retain customers and increase product adoption throughout the customer journey. We are a team of bright, passionate Skillets with Amazon roots and startup drive. Centrally located just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle, the Skilljar office is a fun, perfectly-caffeinated, and creative place to be (come check out our 3-D laser printer). Apply to join us!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.