The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
The CX Engineering Team is building a new generation of applications using Machine Learning / NLU to understand, analyze and improve customer experience. It’s an exciting area where a lot of innovation is going to happen with the emergence of the latest ML technologies. We are figuring out new ways to analyze all types of interactions that each company has with its customers, with both structured and unstructured data. The ultimate goal is to provide actionable insights at scale for companies to achieve better business results.
We are looking for an engineering manager who has experience in building data pipelines and end-to-end products that are powered by ML / NLU technology. You will work closely with a talented team of engineers to drive innovation. Some of our key technical challenges include data ingestion/processing/visualization, ML model building/training/evaluation, analyzing large datasets at scale and performance optimization. You will be part of a fast growing product suite and will have lots of opportunities for personal growth.
We are seeking someone who is comfortable with high degrees of ambiguity, who is proficient at designing scalable systems, mentoring junior engineers, and acting as a technical leader to set the direction and vision for the Qualtrics platform.
Expectations for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (Master’s degree is preferred)
- 8+ years of industry experience (preferably for experience with a SaaS company)
- 2+ years experience directly leading one or more engineering teams
- Able to design and implement well-crafted, scalable, and maintainable code
- Team lead experience in an agile environment
- Ability to make reasonable trade-offs based on time and resource constraints in the interest of the business and customers
- Machine Learning experience from the past is a plus but not required.
A Day in the Life
- You will be a team lead for software engineers responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and operations of features. This includes part-time hands-on engineering responsibilities
- Mentor and coach engineers with various experience levels, to help them become more effective software engineers
- Work with colleagues in Product Management, Engineering Services, Customer Success and other engineering teams to collect requirements, describe features, build technical designs, and drive product strategy
- Partner with the rest of the Qualtrics development teams to minimize test case duplication or overlap while maximizing feature and code coverage
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional software engineering standard methodologies for the entire SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, and testing
- Drive operational perfection by investigating production issues, driving root cause analysis and follow-up actions for mitigation
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics' success which is part of the compensation for all employees.