The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
About Digital Experience Team
The Digital Experience team at Qualtrics builds and maintains a scalable system with billions of pageviews a week, to bridge the experience gap on every device. We currently provide customers with tools to enable them to make on-the-fly changes, including customized questions and messages, on their company’s websites and mobile apps, so they can listen and engage with a targeted segment of users.
We are looking for an engineering manager who is comfortable with high degrees of ambiguity and is proficient at designing scalable systems, mentoring junior engineers, and acting as a technical leader to set the direction and vision for the team.
A Day in the Life
- Lead a team of software engineers, responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and operations of features and services.
- Keep the team engaged, motivated, and focused towards a clear vision
- Work with product management and your team to define a yearly roadmap, do quarterly planning, set and track quarterly goals.
- Execute while business/technical requirements are not well defined, and proactively drive deliverables within the team while anticipating and mitigating risk.
- Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, help engineers on your team make sound architectural decisions, improve their code craftsman skills, have a growth mindset, and get out of their comfort zone.
- Give the guidance needed and assertiveness to make decisions when the team needs it, showing good judgement and demonstrating strong influence and negotiation skills.
- Make decisions independently, in collaboration with the team, but keep stakeholders informed of impactful changes
- Drive operational perfection by driving investigation of production issues, root cause analysis and follow-up actions for mitigation.
- Build a team culture of collaboration, pragmatic execution, and continuous learning.
Expectations for Success
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years of experience shipping web based application features and code (preferably for a SaaS company)
- 2+ years experience directly leading one or more engineering teams
- Able to design and implement well-crafted, scalable, and maintainable code
- Familiarity with relevant technology stacks – Scala, Redis, Node.js, Kafka
- Have the technical depth, delegation skills, and bias for action to unblock team members, along with the ability to respond to gaps by making team members feel heard and establishing processes to reduce uncertainty.
- Are relentless on prioritization, comfortable with pushing back, and able to juggle responsibilities and wear different hats throughout the day.
- Able to create and maintain a connection culture, continuously communicating an inspiring vision, valuing people, and giving them a voice
- Experience with using metrics to measure success and leveraging data to make decisions