Software Development Manager - Digital Experience
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and most of the Fortune 100 rely on Qualtrics Experience Management, to listen and engage with people at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict which changes will resonate mostly with customers and employees.
Not only is our technology powering the world’s greatest companies, but by understanding human emotions, beliefs, sentiments and values, we will close some of the world’s biggest gaps. Because many of the world’s most pressing problems occur from a lack of understanding – and that’s a problem we can solve.
About Digital Experience Team
The Digital Experience team at Qualtrics builds and maintains a scalable system with billions of pageviews a week, to bridge the experience gap on every device. We currently provide customers with tools to enable them to make on-the-fly changes, including customized questions and messages, on their company’s websites and mobile apps, so they can listen and engage with a targeted segment of users.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a team of motivated full stack engineers to build solutions across device types and channels to guide our customers on a path of least resistance to improve the experience for their customers and employees.
- Be a team lead for software engineers responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and operations of features.
- Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, help engineers on your team make sound architectural decisions, improve their code craftsman skills, have a growth mindset, and get out of their comfort zone.
- Work with product management and UX to define a creative vision and a roadmap for the team, do quarterly planning, set and track quarterly goals for the team.
- Make reasonable trade-offs based on time and resource constraints in the interest of the business and customers
- Collaborate closely with engineering teams, PM, QE, UX, Devops and other cross functions
- Help your team deeply understand requirements, even in the absence of a PM or a designer
- Enable the team to scale by constantly hiring and providing career development opportunities for team members
- Build a team culture of collaboration, pragmatic execution, and continuous learning.
- 2+ years experience directly leading one or more engineering teams
- Expertise in mentoring and developing junior developers. You get satisfaction from helping others succeed, and you constantly seek ways to improve
- Ability to lead complex projects and deliver solutions that exceed expectations under time and resource constraints.
- Are relentless on prioritization, comfortable with pushing back, and able to juggle responsibilities and wear different hats throughout the day.
- Ability to grow people around you and play in a way that invites others to play big. You understand that it is better to be interested than interesting
- Able to create and maintain a connection culture, continuously communicating an inspiring vision, valuing people, and giving them a voice
- You are quick to point out the contributions of others, emphasize team over self, and define success collectively rather than individually.
- Self motivated and diligent, constantly thinking about the next step and the next opportunity, with a sustainable commitment to doing a job well and going above and beyond when it is truly required.
- Interpersonally appropriate and aware. You ask good questions, listen to what others are saying, and stay engaged in conversations intently.
- You can identify gaps, propose solutions to important problems, then take it to resolution
- Be highly creative, flexible, self-directed and resilient.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years professional experience building customer facing web or mobile applications
- Are an engineer at your core, and have technical depth that lets you understand and earn the respect of engineers.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design, continuous delivery, git, test automation and build\deploy systems).
- You have a solid knowledge of the whole web and mobile stack: front-end (Angular, Vue, React, iOS, Android, React Native), backend, databases (Sql, NoSql), cache layer (distributed cache, CDN), HTTP, DNS, Linux, etc.
- Experience with using metrics to measure success, leveraging data to make decisions, A/B testing and feature experimentation.
- True intellectual curiosity, with a deep and persistent desire to know or understand.