Software Development Manager - EX at Qualtrics
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 3/4 of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
The Employee Experience (EX) team is looking for a hands-on engineering manager. Our goal is to empower every leader in an organization to understand and improve the experience of their team so they can attract, develop, engage, and retain a world-class workforce. We want to do this by making data analysis accessible to everyone and by building software that will enable our customers to keep a tight loop with their employees.
You will work with a talented team of full stack engineers working on our EX product line that covers engagement, employee lifecycle, and employee development. Customer-visible areas of our product include data visualization / dashboarding, deep insights drawn from sentiment and machine learning, action planning, trending analysis and benchmarking. Key architectural challenges include frameworks shared across multiple products, scale & performance challenges with 1M+ employee enterprises, enterprise-grade reliability and security, workflow management and integration with internal and external systems, mobile visualization and notifications, and more. You will be part of one of our fastest growing products (>100% YoY) and will have lots of opportunities for personal growth.
We are seeking someone who is comfortable with high degrees of ambiguity, who is proficient at contributing code, mentoring junior engineers, and acting as a technical leader to set the direction and vision for the Qualtrics platform.
Expectations for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- 6+ years of experience shipping web based application features and code (preferably for a SaaS company)
- 1+ years experience directly managing engineers
- Able to design and implement well-crafted, scalable, and maintainable code
- Familiarity with relevant technology stacks – Node.js, Angular.js
- Team lead experience in an agile environment
- Ability to make reasonable trade-offs based on time and resource constraints in the interest of the business and customers
A Day in the Life
- You will be a team lead for software engineers responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and operations of features. This includes part-time hands-on engineering responsibilities
- Mentor and coach engineers with various experience levels, to help them become more effective software engineers
- Work with colleagues in Product Management, Engineering Services, Customer Success and other engineering teams to collect requirements, describe features, build technical designs, and drive product strategy
- Partner with the rest of the Qualtrics development teams to minimize test case duplication or overlap while maximizing feature and code coverage
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional software engineering standard methodologies for the entire SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, and testing
- Drive operational perfection by investigating production issues, driving root cause analysis and follow-up actions for mitigation
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.