We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Software Development Manager
Do you enjoy breaking down large, multi-functional technical problems into meaningful chunks and leading the resources required to make things happen? Do you want to play a key role in building great development teams?
OpenMarket is currently seeking a Software Development Manager to lead an applications team comprised of software development engineers and quality assurance engineers. You will provide guidance and support to your team throughout the software development lifecycle as they build applications and services, and add features to a high throughput platform, in an agile environment. Working with small, dedicated service teams, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
What to bring
- +5 years of formal experience leading software development teams as development manager, delivery manager, technical lead or program manager
- + 5 years of experience working with high throughput, availability and scalability of applications, platforms, services and microservices
- + 5 years of experience with Java server-side software design and development
- Ability to collaborate and contribute in software design discussions and solve problems while considering the bigger picture.
- Ability to analyze business requirements, drive projects and work through roadblocks to provide solutions and deliver value to meet internal or external customer needs
- Enthusiasm for actively mentoring, acting as an advocate for your team and cultivating a positive work environment
- Desire to drive and define OpenMarket processes, such as: recruiting, training, career progression, etc.
- Ability to effectively conduct interviews to evangelize OpenMarket and evaluate culture fit
- Excellent communication skills across technical matters, business discussions and navigating difficult conversations
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
Nice to have
- Experience with driving the technical strategy of a suite of applications or technological platforms
You'll be a great fit if
- You love leading small, dynamic, and agile teams that encourage you to learn and grow
- You care about working with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Read Full Job Description