Software Development Manager at Amazon
Amazon Care is a passionate team working to build a best-in-class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access as an employee benefit for Amazon employees in the Seattle area.
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead our AI engineering team. This team is dedicated to improving efficiency by leveraging AI and ML solutions. The products owned by this team include patient intake and routing, a medical knowledge graph and ML technologies that leverage ASR and NLU techniques.
In this role, you will work closely with our Analytics team, our Applied Science team and our product team, frequently building prototypes in order to get feedback from patients and clinicians and rapidly iterate. On this team, we view customers as an integral part of our development process, and aim to involve them early and often.
You will own multiple products, including backend system, web and mobile interfaces, and will be expected to have familiarity with best-practices in each of these areas.
Successful candidates must be passionate about healthcare, and unwilling to accept the status quo. In this role, you will have a real opportunity to change things for the better.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience building complex, high-performance, and highly-available distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
· 5+ years of people management experience
· Direct experience incorporating ML with software in a production environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Experience testing, deploying and maintaining web, mobile and backend software products.
· Experience deploying software using AWS services.
· Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software and processes through data analysis and metrics.
· Masters Degree or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline.
· Experience working in the healthcare industry.
· Familiarity with knowledge representation and content release best-practices.
· Experience training, releasing and supporting ML models.
· Experience building rule-based AI systems and maintaining them in production.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.