Software Development Manager at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is looking for a Software Development Manager to join our tech team. We use Oracle E-Business Suite R12 and a custom e-commerce system to process orders, manage the manufacturing and fulfillment process, and support financial reporting. We have a modern, current technology platform free of outdated hardware and legacy systems. You will lead a team of internal & external software developers, to design, implement, and support the next generation of enterprise application tools used by our internal business departments. The ideal candidate has a knack for business process and understands the trade-offs implicit in software development, producing maintainable software that makes life better for the end-user every day. The expectation is that you are a working manager, diving into code as needed alongside your team.
Blue Nile seeks candidates who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment and demonstrate a record of achievement. The successful candidate will have strong problem solving skills, enthusiasm for learning new technologies, and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility. This role manages high performing engineering team which build and maintain business systems, ERP & enterprise applications. This role will develop best practices around software development, tools, technologies and processes used to ensure engineering excellence. Come make your mark at a fast growing company where you have the opportunity to make a difference.
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
- Provide technical leadership for design and implementation of new features and software system enhancements.
- Help define long-term organizational software strategy.
- Lead the development of software primarily in J-Developer/OAF, PL/SQL, EDI, BI/XML Publisher, and Java.
- Collaborate with business sponsors & business analysts to create systematic solutions that satisfy business needs.
- Plan, implement, deploy, and support software projects.
- Perform code and test plan reviews; take responsibility for the quality of released software.
- Establish and refine change management process.
- Manage and mentor software developers.
- Manage technical relationships and integrations with partners and vendors
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Two or more years’ experience leading software development teams.
- Experience working on consumer-facing organizations with a focus on e-commerce.
- A minimum of seven years of active software development.
- 5+ years of experience developing technical solutions for Oracle EBS R12, Oracle Forms/Reports, PL/SQL.
- 2+ years of development experience with J-Developer/OAF (Oracle Application Framework), Java, & BI/XML Publisher.
- Experience in building middleware integration platform.
- 2+ years of experience working with Oracle Fusion middleware, Oracle Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Suite or any other cloud integration tools.
- Strong analysis, design and development skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
What we Offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus