Software Development Manager
About the Role:
We are seeking a leader to build out and guide an agile sprint team of Full Stack Engineers. As a leader within the engineering team, you will help guide strategy for our front-end architecture all the way to back-end services, provide input on our 2018 goals surrounding internationalization, site traffic, and more, and have significant impact on the organization. This leader is decisive, likes to solve problems, is a critical and creative thinker, able to work across diverse teams within the organization, and is known for being a strong team player.
Our engineering team, known for having a “test fast, learn fast” customer-oriented environment, is growing quickly and with that growth comes lots of opportunity for advancement. If this opportunity sounds like a challenge you’re ready to tackle, come help us build a more rich and delightful experience for millions of consumers.
In this role you will...
- Partner with product management, analytics, marketing, sales and finance to drive innovation through identifying new opportunities and actionable engineering opportunities.
- Work with stakeholders for the marketplace team and prioritizing requests for engineering support
- Take a leadership role in developing and advancing our front-end and platform systems
- Build and enhance supporting services and server functionality
- Lead the engineering collaboration with product leaders, and user experience designers
- Learn the business and contributing technically to product and business aspects of RealSelf
- Provide leadership and vision for our full-stack group
You might be the right fit if you have...
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team of engineers
- Are action-oriented and lean into collaborative decision-making
- A solid understanding of A/B testing that leads to significant results
- Thrive on idea generation, and innovative, creative problem solving
- Focus on rapport and relationship building to achieve results
Travel: Travel is not anticipated for this role.
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.