Software Engineer, Analytics Platform at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:09 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and electronic driver logs were uncommon. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
At Convoy’s data and analytic platform team in infrastructure organization, we are looking for a software engineer that will help us deliver the analytic platform solutions. Your expertise plays a key part of our business which enables business stakeholders generating reports and analytic solutions.
- Design and implement Convoy’s analytics platform
- Build delightful and innovative analytic solutions to improve user experiences
- Develop a web platform to enable analysts and data scientists to easily and quickly build business reports
- Invent best-in-industry tools while working side-by-side with business teams inside the company
- Write scalable software that helps us efficiently handle the large amount of data
- Utilize data governance principles to enable data quality verifications such as certification process
- Work with and contribute to industry standard open source projects like DBT, Kafka, Amundsen etc.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 6-8 years of building responsive, elegant web apps
- In-depth knowledge of browsers and their behaviors
- Demonstrated end-to-end feature development including backend engineering
- Care deeply about collaborating with designers and PMs to build great user experiences
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Cultivating flexible, empathetic engineering teams
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong experience in mentoring both junior and senior engineers in multiple dimensions
- Strong sense of ownership and can drive complex projects end-to-end
- Growth mindset and is able to rapidly learn new technologies and concepts to meet the needs of our customers
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!