Software Engineer - API Platform
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
The Developer Platform team is making it possible for anyone to build and sell amazing applications on top of the Qualtrics platform. We architect the APIs and own the high scale internet-facing entry point to all Qualtrics online services. We provide the tooling that enables all of Qualtrics to own and maintain their own high-quality, self-consistent, standards-based APIs. We’re at the very beginning of our journey - we invite you to join us!
As a software engineer at Qualtrics, you should love building simple solutions to tackle hard customer problems. Crafting systems in an agile environment to withstand hyper growth and owning quality from end to end is a rewarding challenge and one of the reasons Qualtrics is such an exciting place to work!
The Expectation for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of meaningful experience
- Track record of generating a positive impact at the team scope
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Experience with distributed systems
- Real passion for improving and evolving software engineering standard methodologies
A Day in the Life
- Develop a shared substrate used by all Qualtrics APIs: rate-limiting, monitoring/alerting, load balancing, advanced fault detection, circuit breaking.
- Develop tools that enable distributed authoring, publishing, documenting, and debugging of Qualtrics APIs
- Architect the next generation of Qualtrics APIs. Partner with other teams to ensure their APIs work well with this architecture
- Technologies: MySql, Redis, Java, Play Framework, Open API, Kafka, REST
- This role is customer and partner facing! You should be open to collaborating directly with Qualtrics’ external partners and customers
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.