Software Engineer, Axon
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
You have experience building large-scale software applications. You have deep interest in backend and frontend technologies. You are excited about the care, feeding and growth of a high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems. Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
- Building a solid foundation for a very visionary product
- Working with like-minded people who are passionate about our mission
- Working with the latest open source technologies
- Leveraging your system design skills to make the right technical decisions on a greenfield project
- 4+ years professional software development experience
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems
- Deep backend service experience in multiple, managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Experience working with multiple SQL or NoSQL datastores
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies, and can intuit the fine line between promising new practice and overhyped fad
- Proven ability for coaching and mentoring
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges
- 6+ years professional software development experience
- You influence your peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members
- You facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers and contribute to the broader community of senior engineers
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description