Software Engineer - Developer Experience
Upbound is a cloud native computing startup that empowers organizations to run, scale and optimize their services across multiple public and private cloud environments. Our growing team is on a mission to free cloud-computing from the grip of a few proprietary cloud vendors. We are passionate about building world-class developer and enterprise experiences in the cloud-computing space powered by open source.
Upbound is headquartered in Seattle and is hiring for roles on open source projects and commercial hosted offerings.
In this role you will be working primarily on open source projects. We welcome candidates who want to work remotely. We are looking for team members that have a high level of independence and autonomy.
Upbound is venture funded and backed by GV (formerly Google Ventures).
In this role, you can expect to be:
- Designing and implementing tools, client libraries, and SDKs.
- Founding and leading open source projects in the cloud native space.
- Leading feature development from design through testing and release.
- Representing Upbound in special interest groups, conferences, and meetups.
- Coding primarily in Golang.
You are a good fit if:
- You love to “wow” developers.
- You’re experienced with Kubernetes and cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- You are experienced with tools like terraform, helm, docker, and kubectl.
- You are experienced with languages and language runtimes.
- You are experienced with IDE integrations.
- You are able to drive complex features from design to high-quality code.
- You are able to balance trade-offs in both design and implementation.
- You appreciate the complexity of arriving at something simple.
- You are effective in working independently.
- You are effective at communicating and socializing your ideas.
- You have 5+ years of related industry experience.
Would be excellent if:
- You love distributed systems and cloud-computing.
- You’re an active speaker, blogger, and member of open source communities.
- You have worked in a startup before.
We encourage all applicants to write a cover letter describing why you're interested in working at Upbound, what draws you to this role, and how you think you can help our cause.
At Upbound, we are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We realize that our industry has a poor track record when it comes to diversity and we hope to do our part to fix that.
Come join our team as we embark on a new era of open cloud-computing.
Read Full Job Description