Software Engineer, Evidence API at Axon
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: Seattle, WA
In Digital Evidence Management System team (DEMS), we are solving some of the hardest cloud challenges today. We manage 100+ petabytes of video and other digital evidence from hundreds of thousands of officers around the world.
In today’s world, few cloud based systems are truly isolated from interaction with other systems or services. Axon’s advantage is the ease with which customers can deploy custom solutions and integrate Axon services with other systems they have in place to meet their core needs. Our goal is to expand Axon’s existing platform APIs, enabling richer evidence storage, access and management capabilities for our customers through programmatic API access. We are reimagining what data partnerships and API access means for our customers, and how we can help them address their challenges more rapidly, more efficiently, and at a larger scale than ever before.
As an engineer on the API/SDK team, you will be intimately involved in the architecture decisions that will shape partner and customer access to Axon’s evidence data. You live and breathe cloud services that require high availability and fast, consistent performance. You love working with the latest open source technologies, and can leverage your system design skills to make the right technical decisions on a system that needs to be bullet-proof.
This role will enable you to elevate your skills to the next level. As a software engineer, you will be mentored by experienced engineers who will be able to enhance your technical skills. You will also have the opportunity to participate in Axon's mentorship program, where you can have 1:1 mentorship sessions with leaders throughout the company that can accelerate your career trajectory.
Join us to work with a passionate, mission-driven group of folks who want to positively impact the lives of first responders and those that they serve.
- Working with like-minded people who are passionate about our mission
- Working with the latest open source technologies
- Driving code reviews and architecture design meetings
- Working across teams with Product, Design, and Engineering to create integrated solutions
- Using Kafka, Redis, Cassandra, Docker and other open-source components to build solutions
- An Owner of meaningful parts of our service, having an impact and growing with the company
- You have been building applications for 2+ years and know the systems that you’ve worked on from top to bottom
- You have significant experience in one or more managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#
- You have some experience working with SQL and/or NoSQL datastores
- You have a passion for building amazing product experiences that meet a high bar of quality and performance
- You have experience working on highly-available, scalable cloud-based systems with Kafka
- You’ve worked on a large application API and know a well designed and documented API when you see one
- You’ve made product decisions that have shaped the day-to-day life of your users
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.