Knock is looking for an enthusiastic candidate who loves solving problems and developing solutions that delight our customers. As a member of the CRM team, you have the opportunity to make meaningful difference for our customers. You will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of new features to our core products.
The Engineering and Product teams consist of 40 talented and passionate team members, working to make Knock the premier software product in the Multifamily real estate industry. The Full Stack Engineer will provide technical leadership for a critical project, and will report to the Director of Software Architecture. Here is insight into what our tech stack looks like across all our teams. Please note that each team has different areas of focus. Those specific to this role will be called out in the qualifications section:
Testing Frameworks: PyTest, CircleCI, Jest, Cypress, React Testing Library
Development/Deployment Tools: GitHub, Jira, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform, Serverless, Docker, Vagrant/Virtualbox, Prettier, Synk
Databases and Streams: PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Twilio, Mailgun, Google Cloud Platform
AWS Tools: Lambda, CloudFront, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, ECS, EC2, RDS, API Gateway
Monitoring: New Relic APM, New Relic Insights, CloudWatch
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. It was disorganized, time consuming, and frustrating. It seemed landlords were stuck in the past and didn’t understand how to use technology to their advantage. But the problems and solutions seemed obvious to us, and we had a vision for what a better experience should be. After validating our insights with a few early customers (who became investors) we got to work partnering with real estate companies to deliver on turning that vision into reality.
Five years later, we have helped our property management customers find apartments for millions of renters. We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the productivity and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer satisfaction at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In March of 2019 we announced we raised a $10m Series A round to continue to accelerate growth and product development, led by Madrona Venture Group: https://www.geekwire.com/2019/madrona-leads-10m-round-knock-crm-communications-service-apartment-landlords/
In January 2020 we were honored to receive recognition as one of Seattle’s Best Small Companies to Work by BuiltIn Seattle: https://www.builtinseattle.com/companies/best-small-places-to-work-seattle-2020
In May 2020 we announced we raised a $12m Series B round to continue on the path of growth, led by Madrona Venture Group, with partners from Lead Edge Capital and Seven Peaks Ventures:https://www.geekwire.com/2020/product-built-times-like-seattle-startup-knock-raises-12m/
To be successful and recognized as a high performer at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar attitude with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in exceptional talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been incredibly fortunate to build an amazing team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Day - to - Day
- Coding to support the ongoing development of our flagship product, as well as our existing customers and business needs.
- Participate in design discussions
- Participate in code reviews
- 1+ years of experience with Angular
- 1+ years of experience with React or similar frontend library
- 1+ years of experience with Python
- Experience working with Git
- Experience with RDS; PostgreSQL preferred
- Familiarity with a cloud stack such as AWS or equivalent
- Familiarity with unit and end-to-end testing
- Strong attention to detail, performance and quality
- Experience working in fast-paced, agile environment
Why You'll Love It Here
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Flexible time off & paid holidays
- Work from home until January, optional 2x per week
- 401k to help you save for the future
- Stock options
- We do lots of fun stuff (these are virtual for now!) We do trivia nights, happy hour, and in-office get togethers!
- Parental leave program
- Whatever mode of transportation you use - we got you covered!
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the Knock team
- Plus free lunch on Fridays!
At Knock we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We welcome all types!