Software Engineer I at Blue Nile
Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
- Deliver solutions to business problems as part of a team
- Interact directly with project managers to define and clarify specifications and define solutions
- Participate in development process improvements
- Participate in code, design, and test plan reviews; take responsibility for the quality of released software
- Coordinate with testing and business areas for small tasks
- Provide accurate estimates.
Required qualifications and experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (desirable) or equivalent work experience
- Between one and three years of professional software development
- Strong analysis, design, and development skills
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to be a key part of a dynamic, aggressive, and successful business
- Proven track record of delivering high quality features to production.
- Experience with and passion for agile development processes, such as Scrum, XP, etc.
- React, Handlebars or other front-end frameworks
- HTML5/ CSS
- Web services