Software Engineer II - Actions Platform at Qualtrics
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
Do you love scalability? How does working on a service which has grown by over 640% YoY and is on pace to run over a 1.5 billion workflows in 2021, sound? As a Software Engineer II on our newly formed xFlow Runtime team, you can achieve your passion for building scalable systems by growing and expanding the workflow platform for the Qualtrics xFlows, as an early joining member you will have a large opportunity to help shape team culture and processes.
xFlow is a workflow automation solution that allows customers to build powerful workflows to automate daily tasks or to trigger automatic action based on customer defined conditions. As a core pillar for Qualtrics growth, work on the team has high visibility and is very strategic. The work you do in this role has a major impact on real world problems, for example: xFlow is used extensively in helping government and private institutions with vaccine coordination and return to school/office health check ins.
A Day in the Life
- Identify performance and scalability limits with XFlow Runtime
- Design system improvements to improve scalability.
- Participate in Architecture Discussions to shape the future of xFlow Runtime
- Develop and rollout features in a controlled manner to maintain service reliability.
- Build tools to monitor system health to Ensure Service Uptime, Reliability and Robustness
- Execute targeted and system wide performance and scale tests to identify feature and system bottlenecks
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with peers, prioritize features, and work efficiently to deliver value to customers
- Be an excellent teammate: review designs, code reviews, test plans and mentor the team to aid team members in developing new skills.
Expectations for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-5 years working in backend engineering position
- Experience with continuous delivery, git, test automation and build/deploy systems
- Experience building and running high performance scalable services
- Experience with AWS Simple Workflow Service is bonus