Software Engineer II - Developer Platform at Qualtrics
Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 12,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
We build and maintain the App Framework, a collection of scalable backend services, a shared standard library and dev tooling that enables third-party developers to build and deliver custom applications on top of the Qualtrics XM platform. Developers are our customer base, and we use our own knowledge and experience as developers to ensure that building on the XM Platform follows best industry practices and is developer friendly, from local prototyping to debugging in production.
The Expectation for Success
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in a software engineering capacity
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Confident with standard software engineering methodologies (e.g. unit testing, code review) and tooling (e.g. version control)
- Skilled selection of design patterns to simplify solutions to complex problems
- Effective and persuasive communication, driving consensus among engineers
A Day in the Life
- Take perspectives of internal and external customers to identify needs and deliver on commitments
- Build and deliver scalable, fast, robust, and simple web-based solutions that solve complex business and developer needs
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other specialists, tech-ops, and product managers
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to customers