Software Engineer II (Python, AWS & Azure) at Accolade
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.Job Description
The Software Engineer II, reporting to Senior Director of Data Science, is responsible for working with a small agile team in Seattle to design and develop micro-services in an iterative fashion.
A day in the life…
- Operates effectively as a collaborative member of the development team.
- Operates effectively as an individual contributor for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes
- Responsible for deploying models and services with high quality in a fast-paced environment
- Drive and implement new features within our mobile applications
- Perform thorough manual testing and writing test cases that cover all areas
- Identify new development tools/approaches that will increase code quality, efficiency, and best practices
- Develop and champion the development processes, coding style guidelines, and architectural designs necessary to innovate and maintain great product quality
- Effectively turns design documents and graphics into performant, usable UI
- Demonstrates creative, technical, and analytical skills
- Communicates effectively in both technical and business environments
What we are looking for…
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Computer Science fundamentals, as illustrated through algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 1+ year professional experience developing and deploying micro-services or data pipelines
- Must have a fundamental understanding of key machine learning concepts, such as accuracy measures, cross-validation, and open source machine learning libraries
- Fluent in Python and SQL
- Proficient with writing unit/functional tests and familiar with automation frameworks
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, such as AWS or Azure, is a plus
- Experience with distributed data pipelines, such as a Spark, is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Desire and willingness to work in an agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team-oriented environment
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, methodical & inquisitive
- A motivated self-starter with a solid level of experience that quickly grasps complex challenges, with a fast fail entrepreneurial spirit
- A skillful communicator with experience working with technical management teams
- A service oriented person who thinks "Customer First"
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and the bar for quality is extremely high
- Excited by the challenges of working in a product team undergoing rapid, international growth
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines