The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
Data is only valuable if you know what it is and how to use it. Schematization and Benchmarking is a new team within Qualtrics focused on new ways of organizing the billions of XM data fields into meaningful schema that increase data quality and actionability. We architect, create, and run our own services. We also architect the cross-service system across multiple Qualtrics teams and products to drive integration in every product area and every user experience.
Expectations for Success
As a new team in Qualtrics, we are looking for scrappy engineers who want to make their mark on the XM platform. Our services need to be rock-solid, easy to use, and integrated into every aspect of the platform - from data ingress to reporting and analysis and everything in between.
We need entrepreneurial engineers who want to create something new at Qualtrics and who excel at working cross-team and cross-functionally. Our engineers, at every level, participate in design and architecture, requirements gathering, full stack development and delivery, operations, quality, benchmarking, and optimization. Successful engineers are excited to envision the future of Qualtrics data and anticipate internal and external customer needs that don’t exist yet.
We expect all of our contributors to have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, and to be capable of demonstrating expertise in algorithmic execution, data structures and data modeling, as well as the ability to estimate and deliver on coding objectives.
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Database / Data Storage experience (SQL, NoSQL)
- Strong level of curiosity
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- 2-5 years of meaningful engineering experience
A Day in the Life
- Focus on the development of SaaS Software and build, distribute, scale and operate these services.
- Develop scalable, robust, and highly available data intensive micro services.
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to provide customer value
- Partner with User Experience, TechOps, and Product Management, to achieve the best product designs
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, serve on an on-call rotation, and consistently deliver value to customers