Software Engineer, Integrations
Today, there is a chronic and pervasive customer data problem -- one that’s preventing some of the world’s most loved brands from understanding and engaging their customers through meaningful and captivating customer experiences. Amperity has invented a way to solve this problem with the horsepower of a distributed data infrastructure and the intelligence of best-in-class machine learning algorithms and techniques. Amperity frees, connects, and makes customer data usable so brands can create extraordinary customer experiences at scale. This approach unleashes the creative potential of Amperity users, allowing them to excel at what they do and bring their best ideas to life.
Amperity is an early stage technology company, venture-backed by the early investors of Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn, Spotify, Concur, FlipKart and many more. Our team of successful, repeat entrepreneurs is focused on building a company composed of top-tier talent and a suite of disruptive products that drive tremendous value for our customers and the consumers they serve.
- The integrations team at Amperity (known as “Pipes”) specifically focuses on making connections to customer data, wherever it lives, in whatever schema and format the customer uses, going in and coming out of the platform. This team finds general-purpose engineering solutions to this complex “NxM” problem through growing individual integrations into powerful and elegant systems.
- Specifically, you will focus on learning about customer needs, creating integrations to various customer APIs and file storage services, and understanding best uses of each system. Also, you get to "Think 10x" and engineer the infrastructure to support generic approaches to the problem class and ensure quality of data going in and coming out of Amperity.
- You are a broadly experienced software generalist, able to develop (and learn quickly!) in areas like data, networking, testing, and performance
- You are interested in being our local expert on a large range of cloud APIs, and understanding the intricacies of each
- You are at least functional language-curious, but have some experience using imperative languages like Java, Python, or Ruby
- You like picking up open-source libraries and making them work, and, at times, bending them to your will
- Open minded, inclusive, and motivated to make good decisions
Technologies We Use
- Open Source tools such as Accumulo, Spark, and Kafka
- A web stack based on ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- Cloud-first automation including Apache Aurora and SaltStack
- Random forests, logistic regression, and probabilistic databases
- Emacs AND vi!
- And more
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.