Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Today, there is a chronic and pervasive customer data problem -- one that’s preventing some of the world’s most loved brands from understanding and engaging their customers through meaningful and captivating customer experiences. Amperity has invented a way to solve this problem with the horsepower of a distributed data infrastructure and the intelligence of best-in-class machine learning algorithms and techniques. Amperity frees, connects, and makes customer data usable so brands can create extraordinary customer experiences at scale. This approach unleashes the creative potential of Amperity users, allowing them to excel at what they do and bring their best ideas to life.
Amperity is an early stage technology company, venture-backed by the early investors of Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn, Spotify, Concur, FlipKart and many more. Our team of successful, repeat entrepreneurs is focused on building a company composed of top-tier talent and a suite of disruptive products that drive tremendous value for our customers and the consumers they serve.
- The Machine Learning team at Amperity is currently focused on the entity resolution problem - think k-means clustering but with a huge and unknown k - at scale and fully operationalized into customers on-going daily workflows. The team continues to evolve our best-in-class solution atop a Spark-based distributed ecosystem and has a rich backlog of additional problems including intelligent entity merge, schema matching, field inference, and automated data cleansing in the queue.
- Strong software skills in a JVM-based language including demonstrable experience in delivering software features in a systematic manner
- 2+ years software development experience with highly scalable systems involving machine learning or big data
- Prior experience with machine learning frameworks like SparkML, H20 or scikit-learn
- Interest in or experience with Clojure or another functional language
- Operational experience in a full-stack environment, including taking on-call rotations and escalations
- Open minded, inclusive, and motivated to make good decisions
Technologies We Use
- Open Source tools such as Accumulo, Spark, and Kafka
- A web stack based on ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- Cloud-first automation including Apache Aurora and SaltStack
- Random forests, logistic regression, and probabilistic databases
- Emacs AND vi!
- And more
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.