Software Engineer, Mobile
Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to create mobile, real-time planet-scale AR experiences on Android and iOS, with a particular emphasis on cross-platform native development in C++. You will solve native assembly, compilation and security problems, create highly-performant network and real-time querying and caching on mobile devices, and work to extend Niantic’s client platform to the next generation of AR and wearable devices.
- Design and implement cross-compiled Android/iOS native code in C++.
- Create robust and highly performant networking, cryptography, and graphics subsystems across all of Niantic’s products.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Perform load testing, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- You have a BS degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- You have a minimum two years of work experience with native development in C++ on mobile, embedded or console devices.
- You have experience with assembly-level compilation, particularly with ARM.
- You have experience with platform-level sensor, video and background services frameworks in either Java on Android or Objective-C on iOS.
- You have experience with shader pipelines and graphics programming.
- Experience building native Unity plugins.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.