A position for a Software Test Engineer is now open for a meticulously talented developer with a passion for quality assurance. You will interface with the Unity development team as well as customers to ensure functionality, stability, and usability of Unity as a tool and runtime platform. You have probably worked on engine level tech on mobile or console platforms in the past and you know the importance of writing fast and maintainable code.
Joining Unity's Strategic Tech team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to shape one of the fastest growing segments of the market: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Unity is uniquely positioned to have access and knowledge of all the current and future AR/VR devices including Oculus, Vive, Daydream, and HoloLens coupled with the power to help unify this emerging technology. Our team is currently solving problems that most developers haven't even encountered yet - like how do you interact with a hologram floating in space with only simple gestures of your hands available.
- Work with customers to reproduce their bug reports in-house
- Explore the scope of customer bug reports and provide more detailed advice to developers
- Convert customer bug reports into test code that can run inside our test automation frameworks
- Work closely with developers to create test plans for new product features
- Organize and execute test plans, suites and test cases during execution periods
- Communicate with users on our community forum, providing assistance and advice
- Collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
- Unity Experience is required for this role
- Bachelors of Computer Science or equivalent.
- Programming experience with scripting and OO languages
- Experience developing test cases and/or test plans
- Experience or interest in Virtual Reality
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.