WHO WE ARE
Seagull Scientific has always done one thing—and done it exceptionally well. Our BarTender® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags, smartcards, and documents that drive business and improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance. We have also developed more than 3,000 drivers for a variety of thermal, inkjet and identification card printers, which support advanced features such as linear and 2D barcodes, RFID and magnetic stripe encoding.
Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit www.bartendersoftware.com.
This position is located in Bellevue, Washington.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a strong team player who appreciates excellence, who is passionate about their work and fair in their interactions with people. You are a software engineering professional who possesses a wide range of design capabilities, including a solid background in C++.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a member of our Printer & Hardware Interfaces team, your duties will include the following:
- Design and implement new printer drivers, as well as maintain existing drivers (in C++)
- Development of new features and maintenance for existing printer drivers
- Development of printing-oriented features in our application product
- Provide support for advanced printer features within our application software (in C++ and C#)
- Development of other hardware interfaces including weighing scales and other data acquisition devices
- Working together with our QA department to assure quality of our products
- Communicating with technical staff at printer manufacturers regarding specifications and requirements
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- 3+ years of working experience programming in C++
- 3+ years software design and architecture experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Windows programming (Win32, MFC, COM)
- Windows printing architecture
- C# (WCF, WPF)
- User interface design
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full-time position with benefits.
- We are unable to offer relocation packages, or reimburse for travel to our office for interviews, at this time.
- We are unable to sponsor visas at this time, and require proof of current authorization to work in the US upon the start of employment.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision plan
- 401K with 100% employer matching up to 3.0% with a 3-year vesting period
- Competitive PTO Package
- Paid company holidays
- Competitive salary
- On-site fitness center and deli
- Free parking or transportation subsidy (ORCA)
- Tuition-reimbursement benefits
- Company-paid life insurance, short term and long-term disability benefits
- Access to green space and Bellevue Open Space Trail System
- Fun staff and team-building activities—anniversary party, lunches and seasonal events
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Seagull Scientific has a company culture that respects a diverse and unified team from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.