Code.org is a non-profit organization dedicated to expanding participation in computer science by making it available in more schools and increasing participation by young women and underrepresented minorities. Our vision is that every student in every school should have the opportunity to learn computer science. We believe computer science should be part of the core curriculum, alongside other courses such as biology, chemistry, or algebra.
As a Software Engineer at Code.org, you’ll be part of a team delivering software products and operating services used by tens of millions of students and teachers in K-12 classrooms around the world. As part of a small engineering team, you will have the opportunity to own projects and to build features end to end, and to work on interesting technical challenges using some of the latest web technologies. You will work with your team, product managers, and curriculum writers to build accessible and engaging user experiences. You’ll be responsible for shipping software regularly while maintaining excellent live site availability. You will contribute to a great, growth-oriented, and collaborative team culture.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Passion for our mission of expanding access to computer science education and increasing participation by young women and underrepresented minority students
- Experience working with independence on software projects, including the ability to break down project work into smaller feature deliverables and communicate status updates effectively
- Experience supporting a production high-scale web-based software product or service
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
In addition, candidates:
Your application should include a resume and/or a link to your LinkedIn profile and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience demonstrate the qualifications of the position.
At Code.org we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The position is open immediately. Closing date: open until filled.
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes:
• Competitive Salary
• Technology subsidy consistent with our Bring Your Own Device environment
• Flexible, engaging working environment
• Monthly unlimited ORCA pass or equal value transit subsidy; located near public transit hub in Seattle, WA
• Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation annually, sick leave, and 'winter break' office closure the two weeks that include Christmas and New Years.
• Medical, dental and vision premiums paid at 100% for FT positions and their dependents
• Option to participate in 403b retirement savings plan
• The opportunity to help students learn better and change the face of computer science
Read Full Job Description