Software Engineering Manager
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
We’re growing fast here at Auth0 and are looking for experienced Engineering Managers to lead and grow some of our Engineering teams. This is a full time manager role overseeing the growth of our highly productive teams of smart and engaged engineers. Successful candidates will be located within GMT -8 to GMT -3.
Auth0 has been remote friendly since inception and embraces a remote work style. Managers, Directors, VP’s, and C level execs work remote and we have the tools and resources in-place to ensure success. Not only are we looking for a talented Engineering Manager, we are looking for someone who will contribute to our culture.
We are open about technology choices and like to contribute to OSS projects. Our current stack focuses on Node, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Postgres, and React, but we like to focus on picking the right tools for the job.
What will you be doing:
- Work with other teams both within the Engineering organization and outside of it, in order to get a better understanding of customer needs and the impact of work the team does.
- Have the opportunity to gain a great understanding and context about how Auth0 works and learn more about security protocols and how to build reliable, highly available systems.
- Crafting and implementing features and bug fixes for the product/services the specific team owns.
- Providing context so team members can perform specific tasks.
- Help people on the team grow professionally ensuring everyone's voice is heard and a wide range of people can be successful.
- Tie every piece of work back to the company mission and its business value.
- Hire great coworkers to join the team.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have experience leading a technical team and are good at coaching teammates in all phases of their career.
- Know when to let the team figure things out on their own and also have the necessary context and skills to help them out and be hands on.
- Know how to focus teams to achieve their goals.
- Have a technical background and can help a team evaluate trade-offs during development.
- Enjoy working in an iterative development environment.
- Can add value to a conversation even when you are not familiar with the entire context.
- Work well with technical and non-technical people to deliver high-value results.
- Like to lead by example.
- Are a great communicator.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience building systems highly reliable, scalable systems.
- Experience working on Identity and Access Management software and concepts.
- We do not expect you to be an expert in all of the above, only that you can learn the less familiar fast.
- #US; #AR; #CA; #GMT;
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Read Full Job Description