Software Quality Engineer II
You: You are a software quality engineer who strives for excellence in software testing and risk management. You have a curious mind and a passion for continuous improvement. You thrive in an agile, fast-paced, and highly collaborative team environment.
Us: We are a high-performing cross-functional team of developers, software quality engineers, product managers, and designers. We are passionate about delivering elegant solutions to complex business problems. We have a proven track record of delivering successful applications that delight our customers.
What we want you to do: You are a core member of Development teams at Apptio. You make our products great by applying your combination of thorough knowledge of customer use cases and application functionality. As well as using your strong skills in software testing and risk management, to guide your team members to design, build, and test. You will work with your scrum team to deliver impactful and valuable features bi-weekly.
- Demonstrated expertise with best SDLC practices; preferred experience with the following: augmenting test scenarios, analyzing test gaps, root cause analysis, debugging, troubleshooting, and build processes
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to help SDEs improve their test coverage throughout the development cycle. (e.g., collaborating with them to create, review, and augment test plans and test data).
- Ability to focus on for moderate-complexity software changes such as large features, asynchronous features, refactors.
- Experience working with JS, CSS, HTML sites
- Experience working with software as a Service (SaaS) applications and understanding the impact of this architecture in a deployment environment
- Experience with performing exploratory testing opportunistically to identify test gaps further.
- Communicate well across the organization; effectively introduces new information and opinion into the dialog; participates in driving to right decisions; presents to own sprint team as well as to other SQEs.
- Experience defining end-to-end ‘real world’ scenario tests; may also automate these scenario tests.
- Experience with relational databases, schema design, SQL a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus.
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k, and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with appropriate state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.