The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
Our Engineering team is a group of deeply passionate engineers who are breaking new ground in cloud computing and web scalability. We organize and sort terabytes of data and develop solutions used by millions of users every single day. We design products that make sophisticated research simple. Engineering focuses on these tenets; Platform-oriented, API First, Secure, One Product (Our customers shouldn’t have to learn two different ways of solving the same problem), and Quality (Our customers rely on our products to drive their businesses. Our software must work. If a feature is buggy, don’t release it (if it hasn’t been released yet), fix it or take it out.)
IQ R&D Team works on the cutting edge of technology employing Artificial Intelligence to build highly scalable, accurate models which are consumed by many of our product teams. We seek a creative quality engineer to lead the quality initiatives of this team. The ideal candidate would evaluate and drive the testing approach for machine learning projects, develop automation at scale and collaborate with peer quality engineers, software developers, and research scientists.
Quality Engineering Challenge
- Design test plans and test cases for mobile and web applications
- Find, triage, and document bugs worth fixing
- Conduct ad-hoc and scripted manual tests
- Investigate test failures and customer reports using your technical understanding of the product and tools (such as logs) to narrow down repro issues steps and isolate the root problem
- Contribute to test frameworks, test tools, and automation for complex, distributed SaaS systems
- You ensure the product is tested at the appropriate level (unit vs integration vs end to end, API vs UI), reducing unnecessary test cases, intermittent failures, and decreasing execution time.
- Drive quality processes like bug triage, release decisions, and feature completion criteria
- You mentor and develop your other team members.
- Iteratively test the AI models and verify that the incremental predictions are improving and meeting the benchmarks as set by the Development team.
- Communicate with cross functional teams as to how the AI platform is consumed by other downstream teams. Based on this understanding, collaborate with them and make suggestions to their test plans and test strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as IT, Engineering, Math, Physics or similar with Computer Science coursework or minor. Computer science degree accepted but not required.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience as part of a test team
- 2+ years of experience contributing to test automation and frameworks
- Familiar with front-end technologies (including Selenium-based automation), REST web services and/or constructing database queries
- An excellent Ad-hoc tester
- Experience applying different software testing techniques, such as equivalence class partitioning, boundary value testing, pairwise testing, etc.
- Basic understanding of Artificial Intelligence concepts such as deep learning, categorization, classification and data mining.
- Machine learning experience is a plus.
What Differentiates Qualtrics from Other Companies
- Work–life integration is deeply important to us - we have regular office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices’ design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- Qualtrics continues amazing growth; from 2,300 to 8,000 employees by 2023 across the Globe.
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,800 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)