Sr. Backend Engineer- Seattle at Flyhomes
Founded in October 2015, with headquarters in Seattle, WA, FlyHomes is a real estate and fintech company focused on making home buying seamless, transparent, and fun. Since then, FlyHomes has continued to rapidly scale its team, focusing on helping buyers across Seattle, San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and new emerging marketplaces to purchase more than $300M in homes annually.
About the job:
FlyHomes is looking for a Sr. Back-end Engineer to work on the next generation of our Client’s user experience. Using data to drive decisions, the ideal candidate will be excited about enhancing our customer’s ability to buy a home, while leveraging new technologies and tools.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Lead a team that gathers and analyzes data and current processes, and roadmap a process for improvement
- Build and continue to strengthen the foundation for our shared infrastructure
- Deliver backend processes and services quickly, while creating the ability to scale
- Engage with key stakeholders to understand issues, and lead the charge in solving problems
- Develop, document, and continually improve our technical standards
- Design architecture that reaches across multiple parts of the organization.
- Support and develop engineers on the team
- Make a difference in the way people buy real estate.
- Be on the front lines of changing an industry!
- BA in computer science or engineering
- MBA in STEM related field + completion of technical coding program
- 6-10 years professional experience in software development
- Exceptional ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering quality code on the backend.
- Knowledge in any backend server language, and expertise in relational databases and schema design.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience designing system architectures
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(K) plus company match
- Medical/dental/vision/Life insurance policies to fit your needs ( Full time employees)
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time off when you need it
FlyHomes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
FlyHomes, Inc. also participates in E-Verify. Upon hire, FlyHomes, Inc. will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S