Yapta's mission is simple: To give our customers confidence in travel. We are the world leader in fare transparency and cost savings. We analyze billions of rates every month, using that data to automatically rebook, reticket, and report on air and hotel bookings. Over the years, we’ve accumulated a very large and unique set of data to provide our corporate customers with valuable insights, predictions, and recommendations in travel.
We were recently named to Deloitte’s Fast 500, are highly profitable, and have grown 400% in the past 4 years. Our team is fast paced and focused, but we maintain a healthy work/life balance and have fun. We value integrity, flexibility, accountability, drive, and collaboration.
What you'll do
- Pave the way for our front-end technology. Yapta has an aging customer portal on legacy tech. We are fully committed to building a new portal experience on a more modern technology stack. Yapta is also innovating on its unique corporate travel dataset, discovering new products and services through rapid prototyping, testing markets, and iterating. Some ideas stick and some don’t. Using modern technology that enables both of these is a must.
- Help us make smart architectural decisions. We want our products to be scalable, safe, and secure, which is why we strive to make smart decisions when building things. Your experience coupled with having multiple perspectives is the best way to achieve this goal.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. Our team doesn't work in a vacuum. Everything we do has an impact on the business, which means we're constantly communicating with the business and our stakeholders. Transparency into what we’re doing and how we’re doing it builds the trust necessary to continue to deliver great products.
How to succeed
- Previous experience with JS frameworks and libraries. Our future front-end technology stack will largely be based on your experience and preference. However, if you think jQuery is the answer, then you might want to look elsewhere ;-).
- The ability to work with APIs. You will be asked to integrate with APIs — both internal and possibly external — so it's important that you're comfortable doing so.
- The willingness to document everything. Front-end development will be an essential part of Yapta’s future, not only with today’s products, but our next generation of products as well. As our team grows, quick ramp up is important and good documentation helps with that.
- An eye for design and good UX. We believe that good design is the best way to communicate with our consumers, so we value a critical eye and a people-focused perspective.
What you bring
- You're proactive and ask questions. You don't like sitting around waiting for issues to appear or work to be assigned to you. You're happy to jump in and actively start working on improving other things. Once you're aware of pain points, you're happy to go out on your own and make improvements or create documentation without being asked.
- Your experience with web application development. You love everything to do with the front-end stack and you’re excited to share it, and mentor others. You can rely on your experience to make great technical decisions.
- Your open mindset. You're eager to learn and teach the team new things, and to architect solutions using a new technology you aren't too familiar with.
What you’ll thrive on
- Work in an open environment with talented and energetic people.
- Enjoy creative freedom when building new things.
- Be supported, but never micromanaged.
- Encouraged to learn.
What you need
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of version control (bitbucket, GIT) and code documentation
What we offer
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Optional work-from-home Wednesdays
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5 weeks of PTO and 10 paid holidays (total 7 weeks)
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchens, with coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, including Mariners games, ping pong tournaments, movies, etc.
This position is based in Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US. Yapta is unable to provide visa sponsorship for US employment eligibility at this time or in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.