Sr. Security SDE
When was the last time you had an opportunity to work at a company that was forging an industry and enabling people to get from idea to impact – fast! Smartsheet’s purpose is to empower everyone to improve how they work. Our business is built on finding great people and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. With over 10 million users, our platform gets used across disparate industries ranging from construction to retail to software development. This presents us with unique technical challenges.
We are looking for a talented Senior Security Software Development Engineer to join our security development team in the broader security engineering team. In this role, you will be supported by our Sr. Director of Security Engineering and our Distinguished Engineer working in security. You will work with our application engineering and infrastructure engineering teams to deliver better detection capabilities. You will have the opportunity to work with a highly efficient, results oriented team in an agile setting and positively impact several product areas by utilizing latest web and system technologies to their fullest. Our team focuses on distributed decision making that rewards ownership, transparency, and collaboration. Learn more about our platform here: Smartsheet Overview Video
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA and will report to the Sr. Director of Security Engineering.
- Participate in the entire development lifecycle, from concept to release.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of new security features and detection capabilities.
- Work on a security focused team with other security engineers, while still focusing most of your time on writing code.
- Participate in resolution of security incidents including designing mitigations to prevent future abuse.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Strong passion or interest in security.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis.
Nice to Have:
- 5+ years (concurrent or serial) relevant security development work experience (security feature development, e.g., authentication, authorization, cryptography, monitoring, security boundary, mitigation, etc.)
- 1+ years relevant security analysis work experience (security consulting or penetration testing)
- Foundation of technical knowledge of: web application security, computer and network security, authentication/access control, security protocols, and/or applied cryptography.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases.
About Smartsheet: In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.