Sr. Software Engineer - Backend (Seattle OR Remote) at Upbound
!Sorry, this job was removed at 7:48 a.m. (PST) on Friday, December 6, 2019
Upbound.io is a cloud native computing startup on a mission to create the first open and community driven cloud computing platform, to empower developers and organizations to build and run a new generation of software across multiple public and private cloud environments. We are passionately leading an open source effort around building world-class developer and enterprise experiences in the cloud-computing space.
The Upbound Cloud Squad is looking for an experienced Backend Software Engineer to help join the multi (open) cloud mission. This Sr. Engineer will be designing and implementing highly scalable RESTful APIs that are the backbone to a true Multi Cloud Platform. The Upbound Cloud squad is creating a platform that enables easier cross-cloud deployment of Kubernetes applications.
While building amazing technology is important, Upbound has an intense commitment to building a great culture. With company values like Champion Others, Be Collaborative, Stay on Target, Stay Hungry, Have Fun and Empower Others; Upbound uses these values to build and uphold culture. We understand that culture is a reiterative process and invite all Upbounders to take the the startup as code approach where any employee can have input on the process. Sound interesting? Keep reading…
In this role, you can expect to be:
- Owning the end-to-end development of a SaaS based Multi Cloud platform.
- Designing, implementing, and testing, and delivering product features.
- Mentoring and developing fellow engineers.
- Balancing tradeoffs in user experience to improve performance.
- Participating in the hiring process across multiple squads.
- Working closely within a squad comprised of a Product, Design, Backend Software Engineers and Front End Software Engineers.
- You have a proficiency in Golang with at least 2+ years of Golang development experience.
- You have 6+ years of Software Engineering Experience.
- You have a depth of experience in backend software like Cockroach, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Redis, and Kafka.
- You write Restful API services like a savant.
- You are thrilled by working cohesively with others to slice through ambiguity.
- You love to own and drive complete features end to end.
- You have a track record of building, designing, and implementing features at scale.
- You are able to drive complex systems from design to high-quality code.
- You are able to balance trade-offs in both design and implementation.
- You are effective at communicating and socializing your ideas.
Would be excellent if:
- You love distributed systems and cloud computing.
- You have worked in a startup before.
We encourage all applicants to write a cover letter describing why you're interested in working at Upbound, what draws you to this role, and how you think you can help our cause.
At Upbound, we are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We realize that our industry has a poor track record when it comes to diversity and we hope to do our part to fix that.
Come join our team as we embark on a new era of open cloud-computing.
Read Full Job Description