*Sr. UI/UX Software Engineer
Join us as a Sr. UI Engineer as we grow out automation and data processing systems and help us to become part of every transaction in the world!
We need a talented UI Engineer to join us. Is that you?
You’re passionate about the web and all things front-end. You embrace creative thinking and are excited to further Avalara’s position as the technology leader in the business tax space. You will also have excellent cross-functional interaction and communication skills, a real passion for innovative web-based technologies (e.g. ServiceWorker), and a positive get-it-done attitude.
- Demonstrate high-quality software engineering practices.
- Help make and articulate technical decisions.
- Successfully lead engineering projects.
- Mentor other developers.
- Angular, Backbone, Ember, React, Riot or similar
- HTML and CSS expertise including Less, Sass or similar
- Gulp, Grunt, Ember CLI, Webpack or similar
- Node.js or a desire to learn
- SOA and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Excellent coding habits! It's a #NoHackZone
- AWS experience a plus
- Shared UI component development a big plus
- Advanced browser technologies like ServiceWorker, Web Push, etc.
Experience & Qualifications
- 5+ years shipping quality code
- Experience developing customer-facing web applications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.