The Sync team at Outreach orchestrates the data and data workflows that drive the Outreach platform. Their work drives revenue efficiency for our customers and innovates in the management and integration of data. Our service performs hundreds of millions of inbound and outbound sync operations per day under an SLA that demands super high reliability and responsiveness. Engineers on the team build the foundations that enable admin users to map and sync data bidirectionally between Outreach and an ever-growing set of external systems.
The Sync team is responsible for the design and implementation of a highly distributed and scalable system that manages huge volumes of data and events. They look to their customers for guidance on what's useful and important and drive toward implementing it. They can iterate quickly given feedback from customers, program leads, and support.
Our data integration features let users select which data is communicated between those systems, how it is placed, and how often it is moved. Integration features are implemented with synchronization jobs; monitoring those jobs is key to keeping the data flowing, so streamlining the process and making its results visible and diagnosable is paramount.
As we embark on the next-generation of our sync engine that will power the next 10x growth of the Outreach platform, we’re looking for Software Engineers who can jump in, learn fast and assist in building out this new sync system. This is an opportunity to have a big impact on one of the most important core systems at Outreach.
About the Team
To support data management and movement in the application, the team does foundational work to enable our users to reliably and efficiently integrate, consume, and modify data sets from internal and external data sources. The core challenges in the space revolve around data translation and mapping between disparate data-sources and providing performant and responsive workflows to update and sync data between different sources. This team’s mission is to continually reduce the time spent by customer-facing representatives on data access and modification across different systems by providing them with meaningful and relevant data aggregated at their fingertips, to increase the time they can invest in adding value for their customers.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Collaborate with other developers to build new features and deliver to production
- Provide feedback to designs of the overall distributed architecture
- Quickly start contributing
- Debugging and digging in to find and fix complex customer sync bugs
- 7+ years of experience with distributed systems
- Experience with our technical stack (kubernetes, kafka, golang, ruby/rails)
- Previous exposure to data-intensive environments is a plus
- Familiar with continuous deployment environments
- Consistently collaborates with team
- Understanding of which details are important and ability to prioritize incremental delivery
- You embody our core values. We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status