Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
This is a senior member of the team. You will be leading the charge for the deployment automation systems for all of Outreach. We're looking for somebody with prior experience with CI/CD systems and best practices, Kubernetes operators and tooling, and experience writing services in a modern programming language.
SRE COR stands for compute, observability and reliability. This Site Reliability Engineering team builds and supports the infrastructure and tools that Outreach depends on to deliver services to our customers. We work closely together and strive to find creative, scalable solutions to the problems we run into. We come from IT, DevOps, SRE, and software engineering backgrounds.
Your Daily Adventures will Include
- You will help build, improve and maintain our tech stack consisting of Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, jsonnet, YAML, Concourse, ArgoCD, Python, Golang and Ruby. Along the way you'll be asked to lead projects, develop or find net-new solutions, evaluate software products, and lead discussions on technology topics. As a leader in this space, you will be expected to mentor and bring up those around you.
- Qualifications Experience with modern GitOps tools and workflows.
- Experience with Kubernetes in a production environments.
- Experience with productionizing a product (monitoring, alerting, logs, availability)Cloud computing (one or more of AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Understanding of distributed systems and their commonly associated problems
- Good Unix and networking fundamentals
- Belief in automating away problems
- We encourage you to apply, even if you think the position sounds a bit outside your wheelhouse. Our ideal candidate is someone who is interested in learning and developing on the job constantly, even if you can walk in through the door on your first day and immediately do amazing things.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status