Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
Protecting customer data and access to it, is at the core of building and retaining customer trust. How do you continue to secure customer data while providing more flexibility to customers to model their diverse access control and data-collaboration needs. As Outreach scales to meet the needs of our growing customer base, we simultaneously need to evolve our governance solution to empower customers to achieve just this. We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to collaborate closely with Product and InfoSec teams in leading the team to conceptualize, design and deliver on this challenge.
About the Team
The mission of the Outreach Governance Platform team is to provide secure data access while enabling customers to flexibly model their workflow needs for collaboration and reporting. This team will work closely with the Product and Infosec teams at Outreach to design and develop their solution. In addition to the backend, the team will own the end to end experience for customers to set up, enforce and use access controls throughout the Outreach application.
- 6+ years of professional software development experience.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, Golang or C#.
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing microservices from the ground up.
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- Familiar with continuous integration environments.
- A can-do attitude and good team player.
- Ability to prioritize tasks properly for incremental delivery.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- You embody our core values: We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other's back no matter what, we're one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion
Bonus if you have:
- Knowledge about access control models like RBAC, ABAC etc.
- Experience with our technical stack: Golang, Ruby on Rails, ElasticSearch, MySQL, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status