Staff Software Engineer, Frontend (Home & Nav) at Chewy
Chewy is seeking Staff Frontend Software Engineer in Seattle, WA.
Chewy is growing! We’re looking for a Senior/Staff level Frontend Engineer to join our team developing Chewy.com. Chewy is THE go-to online shopping destination for all things pet and we are continuously striving to delight pet parents with a seamless experience across our platforms.
- Are you a passionate and energetic Software Engineer?
- Are you excited about developing solutions focused on providing delightful customer experience?
- Are you able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our continuous business growth?
- Are you a quality focused engineer?
If your answer is yes, read on...
Storefront engineering team is seeking a talented and motivated Staff Software Engineer within our Discover and Engage division. Discover and Engage team is responsible for powering Chewy.com’s Home Page, Navigation & Product Details Page. Delivering reliable and high-performance services and features at Chewy’s scale requires engineers with extraordinary expertise and boundless creativity. As an engineer in our team you will work with a talented group of backend and frontend engineers, product managers and business leaders in an Agile environment. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the United States. Our strong Storefront engineering team @Chewy is focused on building solutions which guide pet lovers in making their best, most informed decisions to purchase products that their pets love, every single day.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build new features and capabilities on our customer facing application across Home, Nav, Product Display Pages within chewy.com
- Write scalable, performant, readable and tested code
- Participate in technical decisions and collaborate with talented peers
- Review code, implementations and give meaningful feedback that helps others build better solutions
- Write documentation on design, architecture and solutions
- Provide mentorship and guidance for peers and more junior engineers
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Take responsibility and ownership of project timelines and deliverables
What You’ll Need:
- 8+ years of working primarily on the front-side technologies
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and developing scalable, high performing and fault-tolerant applications for large enterprises
- Experience architecting frontend systems across multiple domain teams with cross cutting concerns
- Experience with micro-services, micro-front-end, and/or service-oriented architecture
- Experience evaluating, measuring, and tuning application performance, especially for the frontend
- Hands on experience working in a public cloud environment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Position may require travel
- Experience designing and developing reusable and accessible component libraries
- Working experience with Amazon Web Services
- Working experience in Java/Kotlin, Splunk, Datadog, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Agile experience is a plus
- Data informed product development using tools such as Google Analytics, Optimizely
- Background in e-commerce