Sorry, this job was removed at 11:02 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, August 11, 2022
Our success is reliant on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can elevate assumptions and ideas with fresh perspectives. We're dedicated to hiring the whole human, not just a resume. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants-including those from historically marginalized groups. We would like to invite you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the requirements listed below. We don't want a few lines in a job description to get between us and the opportunity to meet you.
You will be part of a new team to build out monetization technology to drive reliable revenue growth for Outreach and deliver compelling value for customers.
We empower Outreach to accelerate revenue growth through reliable and scalable execution of monetization strategies of rapidly expanding portfolio of solutions. We delight customers by delivering appealing value and trusted relationships through personalized offering and seamless licensing experience. We create feedback loop through capturing massive data regarding how customers use our products and how Outreach drives revenues, and learn to optimize the strategies and accelerate the impact.
You are a founding member of the team to help define its charter, products, and underlying technology. You have the opportunity to work on greenfield projects that invent the technical foundations of Outreach’s monetization platform. You have the opportunity to deliver direct, measurable, and significant financial and customer impact.
About the Team
The Monetization Services is a new team just funded to build out the first technology platform to execute monetization strategies across an expanding portfolio of Outreach products.
- We embrace a culture of delivering high impact via a nimble, collaborative, and sustainable team.
- We encourage exploring new ideas and experimenting with modern solutions and technologies.
- We champion a trusted, transparent, and inclusive environment where each individual is empowered to lead and contribute with strong ownership but low ego.
- We create software with craftsmanship, write high quality code, and design interfaces and abstractions that are extensible and maintainable.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Building the architectural foundation to power monetization across Outreach products and features.
- Develop highly reliable, scalable, and extensible distributed systems, including core algorithms, services and APIs, and data pipelines.
- Partner with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to deeply understand the customer needs and consistently ship software to deliver customer value.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and users in Marketing, Finance, and Customer Success, while learning how to effectively monetize software in the SaaS industry.
- Raise the quality bar in design, code, test, documentation, and operation. Develop and influence best practices across teams and the company.
- Help seed and grow a world-class team of a strong culture, mentor junior engineers, and provide constructive feedback to others.
- Advise Outreach leadership on key technology and product roadmap considerations.
- 6+ years of experience in back-end development.
- Good communication skills and team player.
- Ability to prioritize and create a path of iterative delivery.
- Experience with building cloud service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with system design and domain modeling.
- Experience with Go, Postgres, Kubernetes, GraphQL, and/or willingness to learn new technologies.
- Familiar with continuous deployment environments.
- You embody our core values: We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other's back no matter what, we're one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Read Full Job Description