Chewy is hiring a Staff Engineer for our Performance Marketing Engineering Team based in Boston, MA, Minneapolis, MN, Seattle, WA or Dania Beach, FL. Our engineering team is responsible for building and managing the tech stack supporting our advertising management services. The team is responsible for building high performing services that act on historical advertising performance data and make decisions based on the data. The team enables our performance marketing team by tooling to manage campaigns, explore opportunities and run tests in ad marketplaces.
Chewy’s mission is to empower pet parents to make smarter decisions about products for their pets. We look to provide impact by providing pet parents relevant information when they show intent in purchasing pet product. Expectation of the prospective candidate is to provide hands on contribution to SDLC process from design, development, testing, implementation, and support of applications. In this role, the ideal candidate will engage in iterative development, testing, contributing to the overall growth and development of one of Chewy’s fastest growing areas. This energetic individual will partner with both technical and business teams on multiple initiatives and collaborate to deliver new features and enhancements. The role will have tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy.
What You'll Do:
- You will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, distributed software and tools
- You will be the engineering lead. You will work with the team and other partner teams to define our technical roadmap
- You will deliver projects successfully and drive initiatives for up keep of health of our services in the face of growth
- Participate in hiring and coaching engineers on the team
What You'll Need:
- 10 years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- Strong knowledge of Java or Kotlin and other open source stack (spring, apache)
- Knowledge of cloud & orchestration technologies (AWS Services, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Strong communication skills as well as experience in mentoring and educating your peers
- Experience in e-commerce, advertising technology (AdTech) and/or machine learning
- Experience with AWS
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.