Staff Systems Engineer at ServiceNow
This position reports to: Sr. Manager, Systems Engineering
The Cloud Infrastructure Systems Engineering team at ServiceNow is looking for help on a green field project to modernize our server configuration management pipeline using Puppet, and integrating with the ServiceNow platform and the many services in our global cloud environment. We’re looking for a skilled systems engineer and developer who can help craft the technology and processes needed to sustain ServiceNow’s rapid growth and pace of innovation.
What you get to do in this role:
- Develop with Puppet, Python, and Ruby in order to build web a configuration management pipeline that is safe, fast, and observable.
- Manage a large-scale hybrid cloud of bare metal and VMs.
- Work as part of a team that writes, reviews, and deploys everything as code.
- Write test plans and test automation for declarative infrastructure in multiple cloud environments.
- Build orchestration workflows by leveraging features of the ServiceNow platform.
- Research and implement new open-source and commercial tools, technologies and methodologies.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who:
- Has experience operating bare metal Linux servers at scale in a production environment, using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Can research best practices and help maintain and promote high standards for development.
- Has a deep understanding of Linux servers and their components, including networking, storage, and software packaging.
- Can document and communicate systems architecture.
- Is comfortable with their ability to design, write and debug code in a team setting. You should also have experience writing test specifications and understand the fundamentals of test automation.
- Has experience with a variety of open-source tools used in the operation of a production computing environment.
- Can figure things out – you’ll be working with a wide variety of systems technologies. There is plenty of help, but to be successful you will need to be capable of digging deep into internals of DevOps tools.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere that is remote-friendly. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.