As our primary Zendesk engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to partner with our Support Operations organization and enable our agents to provide world-class support to our customers. At Outreach, most day-to-day support operations take place in Zendesk, and this role is responsible for the alignment of our Zendesk configuration to our operational processes. By doing this, we make our agents’ work lives more efficient and productive, and they, in turn, are better able to provide high-quality customer support. You’ll also partner with Support leaders to report on and analyze platform usage and performance, and suggest improvements to how we work.
About The Team
The Support Systems team within our Business Systems organization is on a mission to build and maintain operational tooling as Outreach scales. Our goal is to enable operational teams such as Support to work seamlessly from a single platform to provide efficient, high-quality, targeted support to our customers.
In This Role You Will:
- Own Zendesk agent and end-user provisioning
- Troubleshoot ticketing issues
- Enhance, implement, and debug Zendesk infrastructure - including triggers, automations, and macros
- Manage Zendesk integrations with other platforms (e.g. Salesforce)
- Generate Zendesk ticket reporting and analysis
- Write high-quality technical documentation for Zendesk users
- Provide input and recommendations on technical issues and think through trade-offs and risks and communicate them with team/business stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to establish requirements and explain the benefits/risks of proposed approaches
- Recommend and implement solutions to improve support reliability, efficiency, and quality
- 1 year of Zendesk administration experience
- Process knowledge in support operations, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Curiosity and a desire to dig deeper on issues
- Experience with additional tools and software that plug into the Zendesk platform - Workforce Management tools in particular
- Basic proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of a scripting language
Outreach is the number one sales engagement platform. Using advanced machine learning and AI to automate and prioritize customer touchpoints, Outreach dramatically increases sales reps' effectiveness and ability to drive smarter, more insightful engagement with their customers.
At Outreach, we're on a mission to change the way companies engage with their customers throughout their lifecycle.
We understand how technology can change the game for revenue teams, driving innovation and efficient growth with every interaction, and making every customer-facing rep wildly productive.
Outreachers live out our core values on a daily basis. We're always looking for people who embody our values to come to join us on our mission!
We are hungry craftspeople who are obsessed with continuous improvement. We have grit, take ownership, and are honest with ourselves, our colleagues, and our community. We are one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion. When you're part of the Outreach family, we got your back, no matter what.
“Why I Love Working At Outreach” https://www.outreach.io/blog/outreach-company-culture-working
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status