Systems Integration Engineer
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
It's your job to get information flowing between Axon software and the many (many!) other public safety systems that require it. The number of systems and integrations needed are vast and varied, like:
* Enabling Crime Analysts to unlock key information in the data to solve crime
* Prosecutors and Jails knowing the crimes someone was arrested for
* Investigators and forensic technicians processing crime scene evidence
There can be a range of obstacles when trying to get these systems to work together. There are diverse operating systems, different programming and database languages, and legacy systems. You must be able to apply your awesome problem solving skills and great engineering principles to these complex, real-world problems so that systems can be effectively integrated. When you are successful, you will equip public safety professionals at all levels with the information they need to do their job and protect life.
- Design and implement new integrations between Axon and other public safety systems
- Operate iteratively to get from good to world-class
- Coordinate work with members of your team and others, both local and remote
- Write performant, maintainable code that is easy to read and well-documented
- Bachelor CS degree and 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- Track record of building and deploying complex software
- Adaptable to different programming languages and technologies
- Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
- Must pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background check
- A bona fide tinkerer in the sense that you love taking things apart to understand how they work
- Experience with Azure cloud components and .NET
- Familiarity with build and CI tools/processes like Kubernetes, TeamCity, Azure DevOps, etc.
Compensation And Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the newest technology
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Options for training in the US
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description