Test Controls Engineer (Seattle, WA)
First Mode is a carbon reduction company developing creative, clean energy solutions for heavy industry’s toughest problems.
We hope you’ll join us in building a brighter future for people and planet.
The Test Controls Engineer will support the test engineering group in the development and commissioning of unique R&D and production infrastructure as well as take ownership in the continued improvement, modification, and process improvements.
- Work with the Principal Integration Engineer to finalize design and programming of control systems
- Support the commissioning of industrial control systems and human machine interfaces for test and production operations
- Perform functional safety calculations
- Work with engineers, technicians, and vendors to assemble control systems enclosures and field wiring
- Communicate key milestones and deliverables to stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience with industrial control systems
- 5+ years of proven experience in reading and understanding process and instrumentation diagrams
- 5+ years of experience with functional safety systems
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical and/or controls engineering fundamentals
- Experience with functional safety calculations
- Experience with Beckhoff TwinCAT 3 is highly advantageous
- Experience with NX CAD and Teamcenter PLM systems, but not required
- Occasional travel within the United States and internationally to represent First Mode to its customers, vendors, and partners
- This position will be located at First Mode’s headquarters in Seattle, WA and will be required to work in office >60% of working hours
Base Salary Range: $120,000 - $191,000
Test Controls Engineer II: $120,000 - $162,000
Senior Test Controls Engineer I: $141,000 - $191,000
Benefits & Perks
- Annual bonus incentive
- Equity-based awards
- 100% employer-paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) retirement account with a 3% employer contribution from the start of employment
- Flexible PTO with 12 weeks of supplementary paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits (parking & public transportation)
- A culture that encourages professional growth with learning and development reimbursements
- Open and collaborative workspace with free office snacks and lunches
- Hybrid work model
First Mode is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with First Mode is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.