UI Engineer at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:18 p.m. (PST) on Friday, February 28, 2020
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
As a UI Engineer at Auth0, you will ensure the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application’s user interfaces. Our UI Engineers partner closely with our Designers to turn their static designs into working browser-based web pages. You will also work closely with server-side Developers to implement their server-side code in order to develop complex, interactive and database driven websites.
What You Will Do
- Provide accurate timing estimates on work
- Contribute to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification)
- Discuss technical solutions with clients and provide innovative new ideas to solutions
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporate these in future projects, staying ahead of the market, and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist
What You Bring
- 3+ years of relevant programming experience
- Advanced modern HTML knowledge (e.g. Valid, Semantics, Properties, APIs, etc.) preferred
- Advanced modern CSS knowledge (e.g. advanced CSS3, Flexbox, Grid, Animations, etc.) preferred
- React knowledge (e.g. JSX, Binding, Classes, Methods, State, Hooks, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge on modern styling solutions (Styled-JSX, Styled-Components, Emotion, etc.) preferred
- Cross-browser and cross platform development (User Agent, Stylesheets, Detection, APIs, etc.) preferred
- Experience integrating server-side code (Node.js, Async calls, CORS, Error Handling, etc.) preferred
- Good understanding of npm and Node.js (working with a Package.json, npm script, Locks, etc.) preferred
- Good understanding of web accessibility
- Good understanding of version control systems such as Git
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with teams in a fast-moving and dynamic business environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!