UX/UI Engineering Manager
UX/UI Engineering Manager
- As an Engineering Manager, you will lead our UX and UI Engineering team to build world-class web applications and interfaces for our enterprise data management platform.
- Join a well-funded startup and help revolutionize the data management industry.
- Take the baton on a small but skilled team that's ready to grow.
Igneous creates a new approach to Unstructured Data Management that overcomes the modern challenge of file and object data at multi-petabyte scale. Deployable onsite, offsite, in any cloud, and for any protocol - our fully-managed service makes it simple to discover, protect, and move PB-scale data at blazing speeds. Data-centric organizations rely on Igneous Data-Management-as-a-Service to enable diverse workloads ranging from streaming media to curing cancer.
Having exceptional customer demand and entering a period of sustained growth, we're looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong affinity for modern enterprise UX/UI to lead the technical and design efforts behind our end-user web applications. You'll build elegant and performant user interfaces designed for the modern browser, leverage intuitive design to make complex workflows simple, and deliver advanced visualizations for vast data volumes. Your team is working on a modern web stack (HTML5, ES6, React, Redux, Golang), is always open to using the best technology for the job at hand, and is ready to growth with the right leadership onboard.
As an Engineering Manager at Igneous, you will:
- Lead a small team working on highly visible and impactful work
- Own the health and success of our UI and UX projects
- Be a champion for User-Centric Design (UCD)
- Elevate your team’s engineering skills while making your own substantial contributions to our technology and UX
- Be part of a fantastic management team that includes some of Seattle’s brightest engineering minds with a track record of commercial startup success
- Collaborate with your peers to distill complex problems into elegant, simple technical solutions
- Solve real-world problems in UI, UX, data visualization, in-browser performance, security, and much more
- Have a positive impact on our engineering culture and our ongoing CI/CD practices
- Deliver quality software in a motivated, successful, and rapidly growing environment
And we’d really value your leadership if you (mostly) have:
- Are either a tech lead or seasoned engineering manager with the ability to enhance a 4-8 person engineering team through leadership, mentoring, and hiring
- A practical understanding of modern responsive web applications, and have led the technical design of high-traffic or high-performance environments, and/or interactive visualizations for large datasets
- A desire to work on problems that will take you outside your comfort zone
- Bonus points for experience with Enterprise UX/UI, UCD, React/Redux, D3 or Canvas for data viz, and similar
As Engineering Manager for our UI/UX teams, you’ll be joining a skilled and diverse group during a time of rapid expansion. You’ll be part of expanding our underlying platform and tackling the most important projects for our organization. Our team provides significant ownership and impact at every level, excellent leadership, leading compensation (inc. benefits & equity), real career development, and a culture built on quality.
APPLY NOW to speak with someone from the team
Igneous is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as a core of company culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.