Accountant at Digital Control Inc.
Digital Control Incorporated is the world’s leading supplier of underground locating and steering products for the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. Digital Control invented, and was first to market, innovative underground guidance technology allowing contractors to control the pitch angle of the drill head tooling and measure its depth below ground. Since the introduction of this revolutionary technology over 20 years ago, Digital Control has been at the forefront of trenchless technologies that enable the efficient distribution of underground utilities, fiber optic, telecom, gas, sewer and water lines. Our products are used around the world by distribution contractors and are valued for their durable design, ease of use and Digital Control’s uncompromising commitment to customer service.
We are currently seeking a full-time Accountant. This candidate must be self-directed and able to work both independently and with a team.
- Daily General Accounting Support to include: preparation and entry of journal entries, account analysis, bank transaction entries and reconciliations.
- Internal controls and tax filings.
- Provide support to Accounts Payable staff: review AP invoices for proper matching, approval levels, coding and running checks.
- Perform monthly and quarterly account analysis and reconciliations: analyze account transactions for accuracy and timing and make necessary adjustments as needed.
- Participate in full cycle cash management which includes the daily reconciling of: cash deposits, cash payments, calculation of cash balances.
- Cross train with other members of the Accounting team for coverage.
- Maintain accounting records including, cash postings, general ledger backup, accounts payable check activity and other records as needed.
- Support for Month-End closing.
- Other duties as needed.
- Four year college degree (accounting emphasis preferred)
- 2+ years financial and general accounting experience (global emphasis a plus)
- Understanding/experience with a fully integrated ERP system (experience with Infor CSI/Syteline a plus)
- Manufacturing and intercompany experience strongly preferred
- Cost Accounting experience preferred
- Multi-site and multi-national company activity experience such as Inter-Company AP and AR as well as entries involving currency and foreign exchange fluctuation
- Exposure to state tax nexus rules, WA State B&O and multistate sales tax.
- Capable of adapting to company and departmental changes which may at times include changes to the Accountant’s duties and responsibilities
- Ability to perform complex accounting functions including fiscal interpretation and analysis
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and be able to identify and solve problems
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and communication skills
Digital Control Incorporated offers an extraordinary work atmosphere surrounded by beautiful plants. We have an open work environment that includes dogs working happily next to their owners and a loft-space for employees to unwind (Xbox Kinect, ping pong, some light free weights/yoga mats and foosball!).
Our outstanding insurance benefits include comprehensive medical and dental with orthodontia; short-term/long-term disability benefits; and life insurance for you and your eligible dependents or eligible domestic partner. In order to help you meet your long term financial goals, DCI has a generous 401(k) matching program. Other benefits include: discretionary quarterly bonuses, tuition reimbursement, healthcare and dependent-care flexible spending accounts, paid time off, paid holidays, professional development, wellness programs (where we get a little competitive from time-to-time and have some fun), commuter benefits, employee assistance program, catered lunches, giving back programs, holiday parties and more!
We are committed to providing a benefit plan that is at the top of our industry. This plan puts employees first in order to encourage a healthy work/life balance which is a guiding principle here.
This position will work with a talented and supportive group of individuals who work hard and know how to have a lot of fun!